Fun Football continues the development achieved during First Kicks.
Fun Football is a programme designed for children aged 7 and 8 years old.
The programme is part of what’s known as the Whole of Football Plan. The Whole of Football Plan is run in-house (at either Te Puru Park or Beachlands Domain) and encompasses children from the Clevedon Football Club. First Kicks is a programme designed for children aged 7 and 8 years old.
In 2018 we fielded 7 Fun Football teams, each with 7-8 players per team. We will update this website for the 2019 season as information comes to hand.
What is the Whole of Football Plan?
The Whole of Football Programme (WoFP) is a nationwide curriculum aimed at getting future footballers playing in an enjoyable environment. There is very little emphasis on competition, instead focusing on fun, lots of running around and game time. Training is playful technical training with three main areas of focus:
- Movement – just getting the kids running around
- Technique – Introducing the basic ball handling techniques
- Coordination – Improving hand, foot, eye coordination
What happens on the day?
- Fun Football is played on a Saturday morning, straight after First Kicks
- At either Te Puru Park or Beachlands Domain
- Typically the season starts early-April
- Fun Football runs to a 1-hour programme
- The first 30 minutes are dedicated to the three activities of Movement, technique and coordination
- The second 30 minutes are two games small sided games
Your child will need:
- Shinpads are recommended
- BMAFC playing gear available from UltraFootball
- Sun cream is recommended especially during the early season
- A water bottle
- And a “let’s give it s try” attitude!