We have our AGM fast approaching and we have some very important positions to fill, these roles are voluntary, and you would be doing a great service to your club and community if able to help. Having a passion to help deliver football is advantageous although not essential.
Our current Treasurer is stepping down at the EOFY which ends 30th September, so ideally if someone is eager to come on board sooner rather than later for a simple handover, this would be advantageous.
The club users Xero and again experience would be an advantage, but it can be picked up easily if you have worked with other systems.
- Prepare a budget and monitor it carefully
- Keep the club’s books up-to-date
- Keep an accurate record of all payments and monies received
- Make sure financial reports are available and understood at all committee meetings
- Show evidence that money received is banked and documentation provided for all money paid out
- Ensure that information for an audit is prepared each year
- Arrange the audit
- Produce the annual financial report
- Send out invoices and follow up payments
- Pay the bills
Funding & Grants
We are looking for a few people to assist in this area as experience and recommendations from other clubs is to have 2-4 people doing a minimum of 1 application per month each, there is plenty of money out there available to apply for in the way of equipment and coaches. All football clubs face the same dilemma we do when it comes finance, football is one of the most expensive sports administrations wise as New Zealand Football does not have a huge pot of money that filters down to grassroots like what NZ Rugby has, therefore we rely heavily on generous sponsors giving away some of their bottom line.
This is role is ongoing and needs to be chipped away at bit by bit, candidates must be persistent as rejection of applications happens occasionally and a desire to help source funding to purchase equipment for all age groups is essential. The committee would provide a “wish list” of equipment etc. required, this role, if 2-4 people were involved may only take 1-2 hours maximum per week once up and running.
- Liase with the committee regarding requirements
- Researching all available Funding opportunities and grants
- Update committee each month via email on applications pending